Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2

Article about: Figured to show the pair I have

Here is a picture of the Expert Infantry Badge. This was mine that was awarded to me after completion of the last test, a 12 mile forced foot march in under 3 hours.

This is a "clutch back" type which has two pins and clutch fasteners to attach to the uniform.

The second badge is an NS Meyer Combat Infantryman's Badge. The detail on this badge is more defined. The musket is more raised and detailed. There are several variations of this decoration. I purchased a German made EIB when stationed in Berlin and the musket is a separate piece that was attached to the blue enamel. When I have time I will take some pictures and post it so you can see the differences..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2   US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2  

US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2  

Here is a Japanese made CIB.. Note the design and "crudeness" of the badge. The thin pot metal used to make this badge. Although not to the quality of US made badges it is obviously a desired example made from a foreign country to show their jewelers skills and craftsmanship. This came from a Korean War veteran's grouping..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2   US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2  

US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2   US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2  

?

Oh, that’s horrible!
    As you say Smitty, thin and crude indeed, but an interesting example nonetheless...
    The base of the oak leaf wreath seems so thin, it’s quite remarkable that it has survived in one piece.

Thanks for showing,
    Bob

Thanks for posting more Smitty, This Japanese CIB would be nearly a one off?

I finally found mine.
    It is unmarked and definitely not made of silver. It's not a really good
    quality piece but it's not horrible either. I have a lot of clutch fasteners but
    I have no idea which ones came with this badge. When I was finding US
    pieces at flea markets and gun shows, I never paid any attention as to the
    makers or markings on them.

Last edited by Chopperman; 12-07-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Rene,

The Japanese made CIB that I pictured, I have seen many times in Korean War veteran groupings and from Occupation Soldiers.. They are not too common but do show up from time to time..

Another maker from France is the J Balme CIB.. Now these are very hard to find and are quite expensive..

Due to the intricate engraving on the stock of the musket and the fine craftsmanship of the badge..

Here is an example of the French made CIB.. Note the craftsmanship on the stock...

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2  US Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award Clutch Back Sterling WW2 

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5