Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Good conduct medal WW2 issue?

Article about: Hello, i recently found this US medal for sale. I thought it would fit perfect with my US uniform that arrives soon. My question is: Is it a WW2 issue or post WW2? Thanks alot in advance!

?

Default US Good conduct medal WW2 issue?

Hello, i recently found this US medal for sale. I thought it would fit perfect with my US uniform that arrives soon. My question is: Is it a WW2 issue or post WW2?

Thanks alot in advance!

US Good conduct medal WW2 issue?US Good conduct medal WW2 issue?US Good conduct medal WW2 issue?US Good conduct medal WW2 issue?

No problem here it's WW2

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    No problem here it's WW2
    Thanks alot!

Good WW2 medal.
    John

Nice complete boxed set with lapel pin, extra ribbon and ribbon bar..

Most of the time the extra swath of ribbon is not present..

Well done

Smitty

Actually, the medal could have been issued at any time in the past 70 years. The US Army Good Conduct Medal was created by executive Order 8809 on 28 June 1941 and is currently awarded to any active duty enlisted member of the United States military who completes three consecutive years of "honorable and faithful service", It is awarded if the standard, 3-year enlistment is completed without non-judicial punishment, disciplinary infractions, or court martial offenses. If an enlisted solider commits an offense, the three-year mark "resets" and he, or now she, must perform an additional three years of service without having to be disciplined, before the Good Conduct may be authorized. Each service has its own version of the medal, Air Force, Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard. So, that medal is probably not from WW2, but that doesn’t matter, because there is absolutely no difference between one made during WW2 or at any time up to now. Dwight

?

I bought it earlier today, it should arrive soon. Thank you all for your help!

I will respectfully disagree with drmessimer on the ability to tell a WWII conduct medal from one issued recently. It is my understanding the attachment of the ribbon to the backing with a stitch on each side differentiates. They were not constructed like this post WW2. I am always happy to be corrected as I am here to learn.
    John

This one is a post war medal.

US Good conduct medal WW2 issue?

actually there is a difference in the clasps which can narrow down the mfg timeframe, according to the following link which I found useful while trying to date an Air Medal.....lots of useful information here

Guidelines on date of issue of US Medals (Part 1). – usmilawards.com
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast