MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?

Article about: Is someone able to verify the authenticity for me AND that is it is an authentic piece of WWII issue? Thanks!

Default US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?

Is someone able to verify the authenticity for me AND that is it is an authentic piece of WWII issue?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?   US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?  

?

Default Re: US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?

this is not WW2 issue as it has the crimped broach which is used post war it should be the slotted broach version to be of that era

check this link to show different broach types http://reviews.ebay.com/US-Medal-Bro...00000004152181

Default Re: US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?

nickd is absolutely correct,,,

US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?US Legion of Merit medal - Authentic and WWII issue?
    Some additional aspects and tells are enamel and patina on the badge. The metals used have changed and the WW2 and immediate post war badges will have a darker rich tone over time where the newer issues do not tone at all.
    The enamel work on period pieces is much richer cloisonné or hot enamel which gives that translucent glass look. The current more cost effective processes are more like cold enamel almost paint like quality. Much less detail in the stars and an overall flat appearance to the enamel. I’ve posted a period piece for comparison