Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

US medals and pins anyone recognize these?

Article about: The medals ribbon bars and sweetheart pin I think are ww2?The others are just uniform insignia but need info on what they are for.The last pic is a uniform button its either early ww1 or civ

Default US medals and pins anyone recognize these?

The medals ribbon bars and sweetheart pin I think are ww2?The others are just uniform insignia but need info on what they are for.The last pic is a uniform button its either early ww1 or civil war?Any info appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US medals and pins anyone recognize these?   US medals and pins anyone recognize these?  

US medals and pins anyone recognize these?   US medals and pins anyone recognize these?  

US medals and pins anyone recognize these?   US medals and pins anyone recognize these?  

US medals and pins anyone recognize these?  

You have an assortment of ww2 buttons and medals, the medal bar is as followed (WW2 victory/service medal, US Defense medal, US Air force good conduct medal)

The National Defense and Air Force Good Conduct would both be post World War Two. The National Defense medal was introduced in 1953 and the Air Force Good Conduct was introduced in 1960.

In the first picture you have collar dogs. There are two aviation, one armor, one signals, one ordnance, one medical and one engineer. The one resembling a ships wheel I am not familiar with.

The third image looks like an enlisted man's cap device. Unsure of the era.

Thanks guys for the great info,I appreciate it!

?

The WWI collar disk are basic US and U S National Army. The other pin is Army transport.

The last button looks like it could be Spanish American War 1898 IMO. Also the ribbons are Philippian liberation and Asiatic Pacific Campaign, each with one battle star.

Thanks
    Burt

Thanks for the info!I was told the last button is a Union civil war coat button,but you may be right,will try and do some more research on it.