Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is This USA Army Good Conduct medal from WW2 or Post War?

Article about: Hello I was wondering if there is anyway of telling whether this good conduct medal is from WW2 or post war such as from korea. It is a Slot Broach which was introduced by the Army in 1944 u

Default Is This USA Army Good Conduct medal from WW2 or Post War?

Hello I was wondering if there is anyway of telling whether this good conduct medal is from WW2 or post war such as from korea. It is a Slot Broach which was introduced by the Army in 1944 until 1960. I am thinking of purchasing it to add to my WW2 medal collection and need to find a way of identifying whether it is from WW2 or not. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This USA Army Good Conduct medal from WW2 or Post War?   Is This USA Army Good Conduct medal from WW2 or Post War?  

All you can say really is that it is war time compatible due to the slot brooch (crimp brooch came out at about wars end lots of victory medals have them) if it's cheap enough it will certainly fill a gap ( I have one the same) Regards Paul

Paul is spot on with his assessment..

I would not have any issues adding this to my collection as a WW2 era issued GCM. Keep in mind that the overstock of these produced during the war (WW2) were issued into Korea, Vietnam and even later.

The Army of Occupation Medal that I received when I was stationed in Berlin was manufactured in 1947, and I was there in the mid 80's, so there is no reason not to believe that WW2 era medals were still being issued years later.

I would pick this one up.

Smitty