Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very interesting find today.......

Article about: A good friends great-uncle, who served in the Army in WW2 and Korea passed away last week. My friend and his father were cleaning his home, and knowing I was a bit of a collector, gave me a

Default Very interesting find today.......

A good friends great-uncle, who served in the Army in WW2 and Korea passed away last week. My friend and his father were cleaning his home, and knowing I was a bit of a collector, gave me a cigar box with a few small "bringback" items......

One was a bit surprising......

I've already confirmed his great uncle wasn't a recipient, but was wondering if the ribbon appears to be authentic, and from which era/conflict ?

Thanks

MAP
    ?

The ribbon bar is for the US Medal of Honor. However never seeing one I can not tell if it is original.

United States Air Force Military Ribbons: Index.

If no responses in this thread best to start a new one just on this ribbon. Should gain some attention with the right thread title.

P.S.....in re-reading your post...I assume you knew this Doh!!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Some nice insignia in that box!

Nice fire police arm eagle from the municipality of Hochstetten.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Keep the MOH ribbon in your collection - you are safer legally if it is a copy rather than being original. Trying to move an original in the market will result in unwanted government attention so the forums say.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Keep the MOH ribbon in your collection - you are safer legally if it is a copy rather than being original. Trying to move an original in the market will result in unwanted government attention so the forums say.
    Um, no. In nutshell the CMoH itself is not legal as a collectible in the USA effectively under law CFR Title 32, Part 507 Title 18, United States Code, Section 704. The law prohibits the buying, selling, trading, importing, exporting, or bartering for anything of value for a Medal of Honor.

You can be given one or inherit one. This only applies in the US and with respect to importing due to a sale. A ribbon device is perfectly legal to have as it is not the CMoH and you can buy them insignia catalogs etc.

The MOH ribbon will not be sold/traded/etc......and it was a gift.....I was just curious as to its authenticity and age....

Quote by asterperious View Post
    you can buy them insignia catalogs etc.

But what if it is an original issue ribbon?
    I would not want to test the idea ( I'll hold it here in Oz for "safe keeping" )......

CBH
    ?

It's a great find , probably a WWII cigar box to boot .

?

Very interesting. If possible can I get a pic of the face of the clutches?

The stars on that ribbon are not as sharply detailed as the pic's I have researched and what one would expect of the highest honor awarded by our nation. Better pic of the face of the ribbon would be great also.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast