Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Victory Medal in Original Box, Cardboard and Wrapping

Article about: hi I bought this a couple months ago from a big car event portland, oregon for about 20 bucks its an original issued ww2 victory medal that still has its original box its still in its origin

Default WW2 Victory Medal in Original Box, Cardboard and Wrapping

hi I bought this a couple months ago from a big car event portland, oregon for about 20 bucks its an original issued ww2 victory medal that still has its original box its still in its original cardboard and its still even in its original wrapping it has never been opened in its entire life i find it interesting and i believe its probally worth more than i paid but I dont know please take a look
    and any comments would be nice thanks!

Default Re: WW2 Victory Medal in Original Box, Cardboard and Wrapping

Personaly, I like medals and so would have paid the $20. Not much more then that. Nice that its still cased but I like mine worn, aged and attached to an awsome uniform. Good day.

FG.

I don't have a great feeling about this one. The carton belongs to National Guard medal and I'm not convinced on the pin set-up on the back or the way it is packaged. I believe I see lettering under the pin which to my knowledge was never done during the time. I believe this to be a recent piece. Just my opinion, though, someone more experienced will tell more I'm sure.

John

John is correct - the box is for a National Guard 'Armed Forces Reserve' medal
    ( from 1987 ), and the WWII Victory Medal is a more recent type.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is in no way an original WWII victory medal and original box...Being the owner of said medal and box, you are correct that it is in a cardboard container, but the color for the box would be a much lighter blue...also, the description of the medal would be on the north/south side of the box, not stickered on top...Another red flag is that it's wrapped in plastic; in addition, the ribbon is a clutch back, and not the period type pin back that was issued...We all get burned at times, but I would use this as a filler of sorts until you get a nice time-worn period issue piece...luckily, it didn't cost you too much this time

all are correct. this is a modern version of the medal such as are currently available on retail sites.

as mentioned, the type of packaging and most certainly the bar code system of inventory control attest to this.

veterans, such as myself, can rebuild medal bars or replace lost originals by buying them from sites such as Medals of America (not that this particular example came from there) where this medal retails for about $16 so... no great damage here.