Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

37mm Flak round and muzzle

Article about: Hi guys, This isn't my usual area of collecting so I'm looking to learn. I picked up this 37mm round at War and Peace, I've had a case for years but felt obliged to get the head after buying

Default 37mm Flak round and muzzle

Hi guys,

This isn't my usual area of collecting so I'm looking to learn. I picked up this 37mm round at War and Peace, I've had a case for years but felt obliged to get the head after buying the muzzle brake.

The round is in three parts, I'm not sure what the small cylinder is (2nd pic, middle) but is has an opposite thread (left to tighten). The main body is partially marked (3rd pic) and the fuse is clearly stamped.

I'm unsure as to the origins of the case, Flak or Pak?, but it too is clearly marked and dated.

As I said. I'm looking to learn, so any identification of markings or relevant sources would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle

?

That’s some really cool kit tank spotter!

The casing is definitely for a 37mm flak Gun. Note it is very similar to the 20mm flak casing.

Here is my PAK example so you can see the difference.
    37mm pak 36 AP-HE

...beautifully presented. Do you work in a museum?! :-)

Scrapyard may be a better word.....

Thanks for the comparison Jb, it's quite obvious now you've pointed it out.

I'll drop this one here as opposed to a new thread...a fairly large chunk of 3.7cm Flak barrel picked up at Odyssey this weekend, nice to have the other pattern muzzle as well

37mm Flak round and muzzle37mm Flak round and muzzle

?

How much does it weigh?!

Between 40-50kg...thankfully it's not the whole thing, don't think I'd have got it back to the car otherwise