Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

7mm Broadway Trust

Article about: Here is a bit of cartridge curiosa, the 7mm Broadway Trust. This was developed by Sir Dennis Burney of ICI, and the Broadway Trust Comapny was a cover jointly owned by Sir Dennis, ICI and th

?

Default 7mm Broadway Trust

Here is a bit of cartridge curiosa, the 7mm Broadway Trust.

This was developed by Sir Dennis Burney of ICI, and the Broadway Trust Comapny was a cover jointly owned by Sir Dennis, ICI and the Ministry of Supply. The cartridge was designed to fire in a recoiless rifle and used extremely long projectiles. There were a number of recoiless weapon developments ranging from small arms to artillery. The company existed from October 1943 to 1948.

Attached are pictures of two types of case, the unfired bullets and some fired and sectioned bullets from my collection.

Regards
    TonyE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7mm Broadway Trust   7mm Broadway Trust  

7mm Broadway Trust  
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

?

Default Re: 7mm Broadway Trust

Very interesting Tony,first time I have seen these.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Me too, never heard of it before. Thanks Tony.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Now if you guys were members of either the International Ammunition Association (IAA) or the European Cartridge Research Association (ECRA) you could have read my article on the Broadway Trust Company and seen details of all their developments, since in was published in both organisations' journal!

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/