Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help

Article about: hello all help needed to translate second line of stenciling on this transit box i picked it up from auction a few weeks ago i have been onto a translation site but not much luck the wording

DAI
    ?

Default 8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help

hello all help needed to translate second line of stenciling on this transit box i picked it up from auction a few weeks ago i have been onto a translation site but not much luck the wording is 8.8cm flak 37 then Lafettenvorrat the box itself has been originally green then over painted sand D. A. K. gold North Africa. see photos this is all period done the sand gold has worn of the lettering. then over this it has in black cpl gl hammond r a s c then his address unfortunately the inside contents label is missing also the interior wood partitions have gone love to have seen the goodies cpl hammond had in box many thank for any help DAI
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help   8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help  

8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help   8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help  

8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help   8.8cm FLAK 37 components box lettering help  

The literal Translation wouldn't make much sense (Carriage Stock) Carriage Spares or Carriage Equipment would make more sense but that would be Lafetten Ersatzteile or Lafette Ausrüstung .
    What was supposed to be in there?

DAI
    ?

thank you Teck 147 for your information we need an old ww2 veteran 8.8 cm gunner to see this post
    many thanks DAI

?

Maybe it is box for spare wheel bearings for the Lafette -gun carriage? The box looks like it had dividers in it for 4 sections.Just a guess.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

DAI
    ?

HI pete thanks for reply the box is 17 inc wide 12 inc high 16 inc deep the box has had three sections two at back one at the front see photo 5 down. many thanks DAI