Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Anybody know what it is?

Article about: Found this ordnance in a forgotten box of junk and discovered it appeared to be live. The local bomb squad was nice enough to come retrieve it. It had the markings: 37-85 PDPs 184 9.17 (L656

Default Anybody know what it is?

Found this ordnance in a forgotten box of junk and discovered it appeared to be live. The local bomb squad was nice enough to come retrieve it.

It had the markings: 37-85 PDPs 184 9.17 (L65617 on the screw-in tip) Also had the US flaming bomb insignia.

It was about 7 inches long. Looked to be about 34 mm.

Any help?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anybody know what it is?   Anybody know what it is?  

Anybody know what it is?  

Default Re: Anybody know what it is?

WW1 37mm round... Uded by Just about every nation in WW1... In US servive it was used in the Model 1916 Gun/Cannon....
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

The bottom picture appears to be a 1965 Chevrolet Fleetside short bed.

Mike

Fleetside being crushed by a HUGE round

Thanks for the info. I'm glad it never went off. The truck is actually a 1966, but good eyes guys!

Anyone need a 50s chevy truck door??? : P

i have a couple that have engraved cases,,,