Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Artillery Manuals

Article about: Just pick up these two manuals . The first is "Handbook of the 4.7 Inch Q.F. Gun 1904" and the second is "Handbook for the Ordnance Q.F. 12-PR. 1936" . I was wondering wh

CBH
    ?

Default Artillery Manuals

Just pick up these two manuals . The first is "Handbook of the 4.7 Inch Q.F. Gun 1904" and the second is "Handbook for the Ordnance Q.F. 12-PR. 1936" . I was wondering what kind of value these would have , if I decide to part with them , also where would be the best place to sell them ? Thank you for your time , and I hope you like them ,
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Manuals   Artillery Manuals  

Artillery Manuals   Artillery Manuals  

Artillery Manuals   Artillery Manuals  

?

Just came across this thread by chance mate. Lovely diagrams in that manual!

RMD
    ?

After some research, I found that many of these manuals are available online for free, or as E-books to be downloaded. Found some that have been republished.

.. As far as originals, only found one that would be considered related?

1. Handbook For The Ordnance Q.F. 3.7 Inch Howitzer Mark 1 / 1939 / $200 ~ Ebay

Handbook of the 4.7-inch gun materiel, model of 1906 : with instructions for its care, November 19, 1910 : United States. Army. Ordnance Dept : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Great Britain War Office (Great Britain. War Office) | The Online Books Page

Book/Printed Material, Great Britain. War Office | Library of Congress

Sorry couldn't be of more help.

Not sure If I'm supposed to add links to the forum. If not, just let me know and I'll delete them.

?

Checking British dealers for prices. These original manuals would fetch £45-85.

Gee sorry CBH this thread took years to get noticed

RMD
    ?

JB4046... Holy jeez, I just noticed the posting date! Glad you pointed this out. He has probably already dealt with the manuals. ~ Oh well, the hour of on-line research was still interesting

CBH
    ?

Thank you gentlemen for the interest in the manuals, I still have them as they relate to Guns used in Harbour Fortifications, that once protected Sydney Harbour and approaches. There is a historical foundation starting up to protect and maintain the remaining fortifications, I may donate these books at some point.
    The group is called "Atlantic Memorial Park" foundation if your interested in such things. Thanks for the replies.

?

Will have a look! Nice to hear they may be passed on to passionate people who will utilise them well!

CBH
    ?

Thank you for that, I'm glad to help keep history alive. Where I live was where the Slow Convoys would depart for England in WWI and WWII, there are some fortifications left but many have disintegrated over time some falling into the Sea. This proposed park would help save some of the main structors and give visitors a background to the history of Sydney Harbour.
    I greatly appreciated your research into these manuals, old threads are useful and shouldn't be shunned.
    Cheers Guys.

RMD
    ?

............... No problem Was an interesting look into something I basically knew nothing about

?

You have my thanks as well RMD, most folk don’t go out of their way on this forum to help people with ordnance! The fact you did makes me happy.