Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Budget Nebelwerfer 41 projectile

Article about: As Bruce Crompton says in Combat Dealers - 'I love these things !'..... Sometimes I like to have an ongoing project, just picking up bits and pieces along the way. Complete Nebelwerfer 41 15

Arrow Budget Nebelwerfer 41 projectile

As Bruce Crompton says in Combat Dealers - 'I love these things !'.....

Sometimes I like to have an ongoing project, just picking up bits and pieces along the way. Complete Nebelwerfer 41 15cm rounds aren't that hard to find at European fairs but they are HEAVY. Just the thought of carting one all the way back to the car at W&P last year put me off...

So - the shattered warhead (should that be 'wartail' ? ) came from Beltring years ago for a tenner. The nose followed a year or two later from e-bay, then the box of igniters ( also e-bay ) and then yesterday via Germany and a helpful Forum member came the propellant chamber and venturi.

I'll now do some cleaning up and spray-painting, and maybe look out for a complete tail section. I actually like the broken chunk as it is because you can see the base fuze together with a fragment of original, Gothic-script German newspaper originally used to pack the charge......

PS : This is not an item to drop on your foot......

Looking good!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Martin

Very nice indeed, especially the base fuse which is hard to find. I still need the bottom section and fuse for mine.

Too complete the set you now need a transport case, will keep a look out for one if you like.

Budget Nebelwerfer 41 projectileBudget Nebelwerfer 41 projectileBudget Nebelwerfer 41 projectile

nice project.