Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese military surplus 82mm mortar shell carrier for Type 67 Chi Com mortar

Article about: I just picked up this Chinese mortar shell storage container w/ locking lid and Chinese markings at the surplus store , is this the correct container used for the Chi Com 82mm mortar round a

Default Chinese military surplus 82mm mortar shell carrier for Type 67 Chi Com mortar

Chinese military surplus 82mm mortar shell carrier for Type 67 Chi Com mortarChinese military surplus 82mm mortar shell carrier for Type 67 Chi Com mortar

I just picked up this Chinese mortar shell storage container w/ locking lid and Chinese markings at the surplus store , is this the correct container used for the Chi Com 82mm mortar round as shown in the photo? did they carry one mortar rd per carrier?

Default Re: Chinese military surplus 82mm mortar shell carrier for Type 67 Chi Com mortar

just found a photo of the same type of ordnance tubes in my reference book:

Weapons and Field Gear of the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong by Edward J. Emering

page 95

*improvised pack made from two 82mm ordnance cases lashed together with U.S. Aid sack used for straps

the NVA / VC did use these

?

Default Re: Chinese military surplus 82mm mortar shell carrier for Type 67 Chi Com mortar

Which surplus store did you find those at. Would like to pick up a couple.

Thanks,

Tim

Quote by timdp View Post
    Which surplus store did you find those at. Would like to pick up a couple.

Thanks,

Tim
    About Us, Action Military Surplus Sacramento, CA About Us

Action Military Surplus

5800 Auburn Blvd.
    Sacramento, CA 95841
    (916)332-5000

actionmilitarysurplus@gmail.com

-Action Military Surplus Management
    David Blase - Owner

the owner told me he has about 20 more of these in the back, they are in excellent condition and have Chinese markings , they are priced at $14.99 each

pretty cheap since I didnt have to pay any shipping charges, I added the Chi Com sling, these dont come with any carry strap

Attachment 213007
    Last edited by battle gear; 06-18-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Vietnam War enemy weapons cache notice the pile of storage tubes on the lower right of the photo

We destroyed hundreds of these in Iraq.