Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cluster bomb ball?

Article about: I believe this is a cluster bomb ball,painted blue so must be for training,ww2?

Default Cluster bomb ball?

I believe this is a cluster bomb ball,painted blue so must be for training,ww2?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cluster bomb ball?   Cluster bomb ball?  

or something out of Phantasm.

Cluster bomb ball?

Yet..Im curious TC how the item you show how does it open?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    or something out of Phantasm.

Cluster bomb ball?

Yet..Im curious TC how the item you show how does it open?

Regards Larry
    Too funny Larry. That is the first thing that popped into my head as well!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

HaHA Yeah looks live something out of a movie,but actually guys these were dropped out of planes,no kidding,full of ball bearings,ball is 2 halves held together with thin metal clips,with fins so it stays on track to the target then on impact breaks open,hundreds were dumped out of bombers at a time.Or so I was told!

Looks like from one of these , I think the Cluster bombs only really started to be used at the time of Vietnam
    Attached Images Attached Images Cluster bomb ball? 

I thought it was the "even rarer than the golden" ...... BLUE SNITCH!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cluster bomb ball?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I thinks it’s a blu-26 submunition used on cbu-24 cluster bombs. Sadly not ww2 more Vietnam war As already stated. I would say it’s training round given the blue colour .

Cluster bomb ball?Cluster bomb ball?

Nasty little beasties, still maiming curious kids in Laos to this day. You are lucky TC that yours is painted blue.

I've got part of a similar bomb that was a kitbag filler from 1991. But no dimples on the outside of it.

These killed allot of curious people in England in WWII practically impossible to disarm that along with the Oyster pressure sea mine which was never really countered/defeated caused all sorts of havoc for the boys from Vernon....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cluster bomb ball?