MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German 8mm Ammunition

Article about: I’ve been looking at buying some boxed German ammo for a while, due to my states laws I can only own rifle ammo and not pistol calibers due to my age, so I’ve looked around and found thi

Default German 8mm Ammunition

I’ve been looking at buying some boxed German ammo for a while, due to my states laws I can only own rifle ammo and not pistol calibers due to my age, so I’ve looked around and found this lot and I’m thinking about picking it up. There’s 9 boxes and 145 rounds in total. 7 of the boxes at stamped with “Für MG” And one is just a regular box. The one that has me stumped is the box with a green line drawn across and the label differs slightly, I’m no ammunition expert so I don’t know what this means. Just wondering if it’s something I should continue to consider.

Cheers and thanks for any help,
    Bodhi

German 8mm AmmunitionGerman 8mm AmmunitionGerman 8mm AmmunitionGerman 8mm AmmunitionGerman 8mm AmmunitionGerman 8mm Ammunition

?

Those boxes with the green stripe and the projectiles with the black tip Are called L.S. L’Spur Patrone ( Leichtes Spitzgeschoss mit Leuchtspur) so light Pointed bullet with tracer. These are short distance training rounds.

They should have a aluminium core and were used for air targets and produced a yellow tracer.

I think it’s a pretty cool box and ammo in nice condition! But all of these are live?!?

- edit just noticed it also has the blue stripe for meaning it was steel cases, but none of these casings are steel? Rather they are brass/copper?

The seller says they are all copper washed, don’t know if that helps, and they are all still live rounds but I won’t be firing them they will go into the collection for display. Thanks for the help too, some very interesting info you gave me!

Cheers,
    Bodhi

?

The plain box has SmK on the label,if it has red primer annulus and black bullet tips these are APT....armour piercing tracer....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you guys for the help. I will continue to watch this as nowI’m more interested because of you help!

Cheers,
    Bodhi

After looking over the pictures again I noticed that the dates on the ammunition are different from the boxes, again I’m no expert but I thought the ammunition dated with 34 in a 1940 box could have just been packed after it was made. The one that confuses me is the box with 40 dated ammunition and a 1939 dated box.

Is this normal? Did they reuse boxes/brass. Sorry for all the questions but just trying make sure.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

Did you bust the seal or was it already open? I don’t know if boxes had later dated ammo but that doesn’t make much sense. I have seen a lot of empty boxes for sale and a lot of loose ammo so it might be a pairing.

I don't own the ammo I am looking at buying it, I am thinking the same, that maybe it was a pairing. The only boxes I see are mismatched are the two in the photos that have markings on the boxes but if they are mismatched then all the other boxes could be too.

True but although not worth as much as original packaged together and sealed it’s still pretty neat to have both war time boxes and ammo

I agree it is still cool but currently it's priced a $140 and on a bid, I'm just thinking there are better things and maybe some better ammo for sale that I could use that money for. The only thing going for me now is the amount or ammo and the more interesting ammo. Not too sure yet but Ill think on it.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast