Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Practice Stick Grenade

Article about: Hello, I’ve come across this practice grenade and I’ve been wanting one for a while but I am completely uneducated on these and it’s not on a know reputable website so I’ve come here

Default German Practice Stick Grenade

Hello, I’ve come across this practice grenade and I’ve been wanting one for a while but I am completely uneducated on these and it’s not on a know reputable website so I’ve come here to ask. It’s on a bid and a a very low price which makes me a little suspicious but I’d hate to pass up a deal. I don’t see anything wrong but I’d like some more educated opinions.

Thank you for any help,
    Bodhi

German Practice Stick GrenadeGerman Practice Stick GrenadeGerman Practice Stick GrenadeGerman Practice Stick GrenadeGerman Practice Stick Grenade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Practice Stick Grenade   German Practice Stick Grenade  

German Practice Stick Grenade  

It looks fine to me. Manufactured by Richard Rinker GmbH, with their correct early logo. They switched to the code 'brb' a little later on. Handle is marked 'Ub' for Übungs (practice). The wear is convincing. I'd say this was a perfectly legitimate grenade, minus the missing pull cord, of course.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you very much! let’s hope it doesn’t go up much in the next six days.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Thank you very much! let’s hope it doesn’t go up much in the next six days.

Cheers,
    Bodhi
    You'd be surprised at how quickly an auction can get out of hand. Conversely, some really good stuff can slip under the radar. Hopefully this is one of the latter, and you can score a bargain. Good luck!

B.B.

Thanks for the good luck wish, after looking up some sold examples to get a price range it looks like I’ll need it!

CSW
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    You'd be surprised at how quickly an auction can get out of hand.
    This is very true. Just yesterday I sold a pair of trench art casings on a Finnish auction site - the highest bid was 25€ for about a week. Some moments before the auction closed two guys started fighting over the items... and raised the price to 205€ in around 30 minutes

(I'd also like to mention I had originally paid 20€ for them myself )

And regarding the grenade, I agree with BB - a gorgeous original example imo. Good luck Bodhi!

Thanks Nordlicht! Looks like you made quit a profit!

MAP
    ?

Very nice example. Ive had one for years but heavily used.

You might find some additional info on Inert-Ord.net - A Varied and Detailed Display of Collectable Military Ordnance
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the website Michael looks like I’ve got some reading on my hands now.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Thank you for the website Michael looks like I’ve got some reading on my hands now.

Cheers,
    Bodhi
    Just looked. Doesn't look like they have the version listed unfortunately. The website is not overly detailed but it is good for identifying what you have and then from there doing more research.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast