Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.

Article about: Earlier today I picked up these 3 German shell cases that came from a family who had had them since the end of the German Occupation on May 9th 1945. The 2 8cm cases are somewhat unusual, bo

Default German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.

Earlier today I picked up these 3 German shell cases that came from a family who had had them since the end of the German Occupation on May 9th 1945. The 2 8cm cases are somewhat unusual, both have had the primers taken out but are really well marked. There is also a larger 15cm L/45 case, that is an impressive case for sure, Ideal for umberella's. This case has the distinct possibility of haveing come from the land based Kriegsmarine Batterie at Noirmont Point (Batterie Lothringen) which had 4 15cm SK L/45's. In one of the pics you may notice my mobile phone to give you an idea of scale. And I have noticed that the primer on the 15cm needs to be popped off, so that will be sorted in the near future.
    I hope you like them, I am well pleased to get them as they don't turn up all that often these days.
    All the best from Jersey
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.   German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.  

German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.   German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.  

German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.   German shell cases from Jersey Channel Islands.  

Nice cases!