Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings

Article about: Greetings everyone, I acquired this ground dug steel 20mm cartridge today, and I can not find much information about them. I figured this would be the perfect place to ask for help in identi

RZM
    ?

Default Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings

Greetings everyone,

I acquired this ground dug steel 20mm cartridge today, and I can not find much information about them. I figured this would be the perfect place to ask for help in identifying the markings. On the bottom it is marked "212 avu * WaA13", and on the projectile it is marked "x 2 34 44". I am assuming that "44" on the projectile is the year, but I am unsure of the rest. Can anyone help decipher the rest of the markings and the waffen amt? Any help would be appreciated!

RZM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings   Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings  

Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings   Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings  

Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings  

?

Default Re: Ground Dug German 20mm Cartridge, Need Help W/ Markings

It`s a 20x138b round,look here....german 20x138b - Google Search
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

The maker avu is Silva Metallwerke,Magdeburg..Are you sure the WaA marking isn`t WaA14 ?...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the info Pete. The WaA marking clearly has a "3" at the end, but the first number could be a "1" or a "7". I'm almost positive that it is "WaA13" though. Thanks again.