Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with an ammo crate?

Article about: Okay... So this morning at the flea market I couldn't leave this behind. 10 bucks for what the guy thought was some Asian toolbox, (yes he was trying to sell it as a tool box). To me looks l

Default Help with an ammo crate?

Okay... So this morning at the flea market I couldn't leave this behind. 10 bucks for what the guy thought was some Asian toolbox, (yes he was trying to sell it as a tool box). To me looks like it could've been artillery and Eastern European, but I don't know squat about ordinances. 10 didn't seem like a big risk plus I find it cool to maybe stack a few helmets on top of, or worst case put my 1038293848294920302 lp records inside of if it turns out to be nothing more than wood. But I think it's pretty BA in my opinion, but what language is on it? And any idea what it was used to store? It's a grey area for me...Help with an ammo crate?Help with an ammo crate?Help with an ammo crate?Help with an ammo crate?Help with an ammo crate?

?

Looks like Hebrew writing,probably Isreali.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Now that you mention it I totally see where that could be a possibility, I remember around Easter all the 10 commandment movies have similar writings mixed in. Still interested in what others have to say. Thanks!

I agree. Most likely Israeli, nice pick up

Asian? Eastern European? Really, lol?

We have a saying for these type of situations.... Oy Vey!!!! or אױ װײ or אוי ואבוי!!

Hebrew it is!

Would it be ammunition or artillery or what? And I'm trying to an age approximation, I'm hoping I didn't pay too much.

Without examining it closely, i.e translating it, I'd say perhaps around the six day war era? My Hebrew is not up to date, so if nobody else here can translate Hebrew, I'll do it later when time permits. Sorry, I can't right now.

Can't go wrong for ten dollars, IMO.

Oh, and oy vey is Yiddish. אױ װײ is Yiddish, too. אוי ואבוי is Hebrew.

Thanks a lot guys! 10 bucks can get you nothing these days, except an iraeli war relic apparently!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast