Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with relic

Article about: Hi, Found this in a foxhole, i thought it was a casing? No initials on it and it got colors i have never seen before. I hope someone can give me some information! Grtz

JR1
    ?

Default Help with relic

Hi,

Found this in a foxhole, i thought it was a casing? No initials on it and it got colors i have never seen before.
    I hope someone can give me some information!

Grtz

Help with relic

Help with relic

Help with relic

Hello ! for grenade ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

JR1
    ?

What do you mean with grenade?

Fuzes/Detonators for Hand Grenades...
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with relic 

?

Looks like sprengkapsels.Will easily take your fingers
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Lightbulb

My first thought was also that these are some kind of grenade/rifle grenade detonator. I'd be inclined to leave them alone.

I will move this thread to the Ordnance forum.

Last thing anyone needs is missing fingers
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My childhood friend in Germany...He blew off part of his right thumb messing with munitions he found in the woods when we were kids...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with relic  

JR1,

I am having trouble restraining myself with this post so please bear with me!

Put the detonators down and do not touch them again. The fact you still have hands is luck not any form of judgement! If you still have enough fingers to use a telephone call your correct authorities to come and safely remove and dispose of the incredibly dangerous items that you are tampering with. DO NOT just throw them away somewhere as that is also illegal and highly dangerous.

The items are what are called 'Plain Detonators' or in the language of their origin, Sprengkapsel. They are German demolition equipment from WW2 and are amongst the single most dangerous items that you can encounter. They will not kill you unless you are very unlucky but they with interfere with your ability to count to 10 or juggle!

I realise you are new here so will explain, this is my occupation, I deal with such items daily and have done for over 40 years so I am speaking from a standpoint of strength. Having displayed a staggering lack of sense so far, but a determination to win a Darwin Award you now need to regain some ground. You have started by at least asking advice, now take it.

Yes, I am angry, people do not consider that it is people like me and my Operators who have to scrape up them when they discover they are not really experts. I shall however be using the picture of not only handling 75 year old primary explosive items but actually holding them by the really bad end, (that even when new people would not do). You have produced a classic example of what people with no knowledge will do that I can use to better explain to the future EOD Operators what they face.

So to summerise:
    1. Stop
    2. Call the authorities
    3. DO not continue with your hobby, (this is a health warning).
    4. Have a long enjoyable life looking but not touching.

Please listen,
    R
    Last edited by vegetius; 10-23-2021 at 04:10 PM.