Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Identification of bomb

Article about: We found this bomb south of Berlin, i believe its about 50 kg, the bomb had white painting, and i believe we also found "fins" on it. I think its a fliegerbomb. We called the local

Default Identification of bomb

We found this bomb south of Berlin, i believe its about 50 kg, the bomb had white painting, and i believe we also found "fins" on it. I think its a fliegerbomb.
    We called the local police who had the area sealed off and the bomb removed.
    Do you know what bomb it is? It was about 240 mm wide and maybe 900 mm long.
    Identification of bomb
    Last edited by Digdeeper; 05-07-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Default .

Last edited by Digdeeper; 05-07-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Default .

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of bomb  
    Last edited by Digdeeper; 05-07-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Fail posting

Not a huge bomb so possibly wing mounted. Did you see any hooks or loops on it? Any fuze locations?

CBH
    ?

Be sure to hit it with a hammer, before you try to load it into your car.

PS also please wear a dog tag to help the authorities notify next of kin after you get blown up.

The noose was round without a "detonator" , and we found some loose "fin" like plates on it. We stopped digging before we found any hooks, it was to dangerous 😂 It has some kind of tap at the side, i can se it in the bottem of the picture about the middle. It has som kind of ring in the end that was crushed maybe from the impact, i think it has bounced around after hitting the trees. Im not sure the size i wrote is correct because we decided to go to safe distance and call the police before we had time to really think 😂 We always had the mines and grenades in the back of our heads, but not a bomb like this , i still think its big 😂

CBH
    ?

Glad to read the above.

CBH we did try to jump on it and hit it with the showels, but it didnt say bang, so i think we desarmed it 😂👍

CBH
    ?

Would make a great Lawn Ornament, and if it went off you'd be half ways to a swimming pool.

My first comment was simply a warning, we do sometime get diggers here who would move such items.

No need to die over scrap metal, play safe. Also welcome to the forum.

The only problem is the pool would be in germany and not my back yard 😂
    I know mate, im not taking it as critic i have seen people on youtube messing with dangerous things in a bad way, but it may seem like we had been digging with our heads up the a*s but the truth is we were digging from the middle to the back side, and then we got suspecius. But couldnt call the police before we were sure about what is was, when we got to the front we almost painted our pants brown and yellow 😂 Then we took this picture, took the cordinates and went several hundred meters away and called the police

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast