Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identification help, please.

Article about: Hi all. I recently found one of these in France. Then I found another one at a British (ex) military base, so I assume that they are British. One of them appears to have exploded out of the

Default Identification help, please.

Hi all. I recently found one of these in France. Then I found another one at a British (ex) military base, so I assume that they are British. One of them appears to have exploded out of the side. Can someone please tell me what they are? What they do/did? Thank you.

Identification help, please.Identification help, please.

Insides of British mills Hand Grenade

Quote by kradman View Post
    Insides of British mills Hand Grenade
    Hi 'kradman'. Thank you for your help. I've looked at a Mills grenade image showing all its components and I see exactly the piece now. I would never have guessed such a big part fitted inside it. Thanks for your time and expertise. Kind regards. Francis 👍

Hi. Is it expected of me to 'close this thread' after such a post and the question is answered? Does this free up space on server, for example? Or does it make no difference at all to leave open, just in case somebody else wants to make a comment? I'm not very computer savvy. Just want to know correct procedure. Please advise. Thanks. Francis.

Hi Francis all threads supporting images via uploader stay open for any future referance,many times members and guests revisit old threads for information etc.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Hi Francis all threads supporting images via uploader stay open for any future referance,many times members and guests revisit old threads for information etc.
    Hi Jake. Thank you for the information. Kind regards. Francis.

?

Here is a photo of the centre tube in a cutaway Mills No5 as well as an intact centre tube beside it

Dean O
    Canada

Identification help, please.

Hi Dean O. Great pic. Thank you for uploading. 👍

?

No problem as most of the posts here are about German stuff I cannot help, I do when I can..and Thank you for for joining as a paying memeber this helps this forum go on, and we can help each other like no other group can!!! Take Care, If I can ever help you in any other way, please feel free to ask me.

Quote by CampX View Post
    No problem as most of the posts here are about German stuff I cannot help, I do when I can..and Thank you for for joining as a paying memeber this helps this forum go on, and we can help each other like no other group can!!! Take Care, If I can ever help you in any other way, please feel free to ask me.
    Hi Dean O. Thank you for your kind offer. I will take you up on that one. Have a nice weekend. Kind regards. Francis. 👍