Hello everyone,

I recently saw this bundle of ammo. Unfortunately, I don't understand anything about ammo and would like to learn it, so I'll write my questions here.

Identification unknown ammo

1. Projectile
The large projectile is marked on the shell with PDPs (according to my research: Pinchard Denys Paris, so French), .9.17 (probably September 1917), a 7 (no idea what that stands for) and 37-85 (37 probably stands for 37 mm projectile, I don't know what the 85 means), as well as the image of a stylized grenade. The projectile plus shell is 16.5 cm high. But I'm not sure if the projectile really belongs to the shell or was added later? By the way, is the tip of the projectile original or was something cut off/milled in there (looks a little strange, even on the sides of the top)?

2. Projectile
This projectile has been converted into a paperweight. It is 10 cm high. After my research, I assume from Germany, but I could not determine that more precisely. I also wonder what the notched arrow means, was that normal? It also seems to me that the protruding bars of the guide rings are missing, but I think I can see them on the lower one, on the lower half. Were these ground away, or was that how it was supposed to be? Or could that have come from the cleaning and polishing?

3. Projectile
This projectile is converted to a cutaway model. It is 11.5 cm high. Unfortunately I couldn't find out anything about it. Again, the question of whether the tip was cut off or was it really flat?

In addition, I would be interested in how you can tell if they are really delaborated/defused and if there is nothing explosive or dangerous in them anymore? Can you see that in the photos and how?

So those were all the questions that came to my mind. I know quite a lot, but I'm still at the very beginning of learning in this area.

I hope you can answer my questions. I'm really looking forward to it. Any reply is highly appreciated.

Best regards
Wolf