Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1a1 and M5 firing devices, coupling bases with percussion caps, and training firecrackers

Article about: I ended up with these from a local estate sale. The firing devices are in excellent condition, although one has obviously been used to ignite a firecracker before. Basically, curious if they

Default M1a1 and M5 firing devices, coupling bases with percussion caps, and training firecrackers

I ended up with these from a local estate sale. The firing devices are in excellent condition, although one has obviously been used to ignite a firecracker before. Basically, curious if they have any collector value.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1a1 and M5 firing devices, coupling bases with percussion caps, and training firecrackers  

M1 Pressure switch and the M5 Release switch are standard and both use the same 'Snout' (the coupling) of the items the snouts are the unusual items but I am unsure of the American laws on such. In UK if you put them together you have made an anti-personnel device and can be arrested for it. Under the Ottawa convention all of these, (including historic items) had to be rendered inert. This was simple just the removal of the snouts. As for the firecrackers, be careful, the military definition of fireworks for simulators can be quite violent. I have dealt with numerous soldiers who are missing bits or otherwise damaged by 'fireworks' so always be wary of these.

Thank you for the reply!