Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 Grenade

Article about: Hello folks. I'm trying out a new camera with this one, so hopefully the photographs are of better quality than usual! This was a recent pickup, and my first piece of American ordnance. Thes

Default Mk2 Grenade

Hello folks.

I'm trying out a new camera with this one, so hopefully the photographs are of better quality than usual!

This was a recent pickup, and my first piece of American ordnance. These are hard to come by in the UK, besides the 'RFX' marked training variants, so when I spotted it I knew I had to have it (thanks to Jb4046 for providing a link to the dealer). I believe this is actually a Mk2A1 variant, but may be wrong. In some places there appear to be remnants of yellow paint under the OD green. There are two markings on the body, 'S' and a number 8. I'm not sure which manufacturer this signifies; I know many are currently unknown.

It isn't perfect, of course. There's some rust evident, and the paint is chipped and worn in places. The fuze components are also quite rusty, but overall it displays very nicely. When most people think of grenades, this is what they think of. And yes, before the resident EOD chaps begin to worry, it's inert and perfectly safe!

Mk2 GrenadeMk2 GrenadeMk2 GrenadeMk2 Grenade

Regards, B.B.

On behalf of "The EOD Chaps":
    Nice Hand Grenade!
    Perfectly SAFE??!?:
    Wouldn't want it falling on my bare Foot

Quote by Teck 147 View Post
    Nice Hand Grenade!
    Perfectly SAFE??!?:
    I did manage to cut my finger on the pin when I was putting it together. Maybe these things aren't as safe as I thought!

B.B.

Quote by Teck 147 View Post
    Nice Hand Grenade!
    Perfectly SAFE??!?:
    Are you commenting for all of us youngster?

And before you start remember "Beware of old men in Dangerous Jobs"!

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Are you commenting for all of us youngster?

And before you start remember "Beware of old men in Dangerous Jobs"!
    I'll throw an FFE at you next time I'm over, let's see If you then want to agree!
    I may be half your age old man but that just means I've got the Advantage of more experience... Everyone that went before me and Mine!

Teck,

How many times do I have to tell you, "You cannot become an EOD Expert by osmosis"! If you work hard and listen to those who know you too could be as good as your boss!

Love and Hugs,
    R

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Teck,

How many times do I have to tell you, "You cannot become an EOD Expert by osmosis"! If you work hard and listen to those who know you too could be as good as your boss!

Love and Hugs,
    R
    Shame really that we're the only ones allowed to understand that Joke!! The Rest of the world would be mortified