Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??

Article about: Greetings Found this at a flea market years ago. Still think it is cool. It appears to be a fired 75mm artillery shell of unknown age. It does have some old roman style numbers on the fuse a

?

Default Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??

Greetings

Found this at a flea market years ago. Still think it is cool.

It appears to be a fired 75mm artillery shell of unknown age. It does have some old roman style numbers on the fuse assembly (90 24).

The base has 4 "C"s or crescents stamped on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Rob

Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??

The markings look like they are from the middle east. I am not able to read.
    John

Turkish?

The Design is unmistakably French.
    Look at a list of buyers (French/US Manufacture) for the 75mm Cannon model 1897.

Better picture of the bourrelet would be nice. It looks like a reject that was part manufactured. the DB groove looks incomplete with no securing ridge.

?

Hello
    Thanks for the replies.
    This has definitely been fired. the upper 3 inches including the fuse are deformed from impact.
    The marks on the base do look like they could be middle eastern and possibly Arabic.

Since it was found in at a shop in Northern Canada I suspect it is some sort of Battlefield pick up??

Here is a larger picture of the base. Unfortunately, I am away from home for a few weeks so that is all I have for now.

Best Regards
    Rob

Mystery 75mm Artillery Shell ??

anyways I thought Turkish? WW1 Aust vet Gallipoli bring back bits.

Teck,

A Brass fuze adaptor ring into a removable front nose section with a steel band below it! Sorry but these cannot be anything other than 'give away' features. Big question, why is the nose section removable? The two key ways are the clue to that. Can we have pictures of the front section from all angles including the front please. Oh my current best guess is pre-WW1 German 75mm (1903), (discuss)! Oh and the 1903 / 09 was given, (or sold) to the Turkish in quantity).

Thanks, R

P.S. You have peaked my curiosity with this one!

Am I to presume you're seeing a Krupp 7,5cm with a removable ogive to adapt the Shell to take the 24mm fuse Adapter? Interesting Idea.

@rob.
    Definately need Photos from the "nose" and measurements for the bourelet and all singular parts forward of it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast