Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need Help with Identification of Ordnance

Article about: Could someone pleases tell me what this is? I do not recognize this one.

Default Need Help with Identification of Ordnance

Could someone pleases tell me what this is? I do not recognize this one.

Need Help with Identification of OrdnanceNeed Help with Identification of OrdnanceNeed Help with Identification of OrdnanceNeed Help with Identification of OrdnanceNeed Help with Identification of Ordnance

Transport container unit for 105mm artillery round charges!...

Ok, thanks. What about the Wicker carrier, do you think it goes with this? And what about date, NATO - 1980's ?

Yes 1980s Nato ,Looks to be used by German Army

Ok, thanks, kinda of what I had in mind but still not sure about the Wicker carrier. Just does not fit in my eyes. Seems like they just found this and it happened to fit?

?

Thumbs up

The Germans used the same type carriers in WW 2.
    I'd like to find one.
    Sarge

So is this from WW2? I just cant see these being used in Modern times. But I can not find the tubes or the carrier anywhere here or on the internet. Anyone else know any more about these ???

The seller thought that the whole thing was WW2 but the tubes are modern for sure. The label is still very white..LOL

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I'd like to find one.
    Sarge
    Just stand by Sarge, when I finally get this all figured out, there will be one available

Ok, I guess it is just a matter of putting in the right search criteria. So I searched on "ww2 german wicker basket" and got a lot of hits, especially in images.

They are indeed selling these tubes with the wicker basket together as WW2 German ordnance "http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GERMAN-WICKER-ARTILLERY-SHELL-AMMO-BASKET-NR-091-2-AND-CYLINDERS-/311172032845"

Sorry but I dont think so! Those labels on those tubes are definitely not WW2. I still have not found the right combination of search criteria for the Tubes. I will keep digging.

But the Wicker Basket I am not sure about. I looked in all of my WW2 books and my photo collection but I have not seen any German soldiers carrying anything wicker. I have seen WW2 photos of the German 105mm/10.5cm leFH 18 / leichte Feldhaubitze "light field howitzer" with ammo boxes on the ground by them. I have only seen boxes or metal cans used for ordnance like this.

?

Hi,the wicker carriers were used with the 88mm flak guns....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi,the wicker carriers were used with the 88mm flak guns....Pete.
    Hey Pete, thanks for the tip, but I checked that out and the those wicker cases were different. Here are a couple of examples of those. They were easy to find but I still can not find the ones in my photos. I am really starting to think that they are bogus. :-(

This is a destroyed German 88mm position. You can see in the upper left hand corner the wicker ammo case.

Here is a WW2 Dumping site for munitions cases. You can see round wicker, and a few of the 88mm cases but not what I am looking for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast