MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

No 5 MILLS grenade

Article about: part of a WWI vet lot.

Default No 5 MILLS grenade

part of a WWI vet lot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No 5 MILLS grenade   No 5 MILLS grenade  

No 5 MILLS grenade   No 5 MILLS grenade  

No 5 MILLS grenade   No 5 MILLS grenade  

MAP
    ?

You certainly got some nice ones with this lot! An instant grenade collection!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This grenade concerned me after reading how difficult to empty it. Since the photos I have marred up the brass plug trying to open. I have been able to get powder/dirt out via plunger hole but not sure if entire annular space connect to that area of Fuze assembly. I also dug some whitish/blue tint powder out of the igniter hole in base.

Quote by josephc View Post
    This grenade concerned me after reading how difficult to empty it. Since the photos I have marred up the brass plug trying to open. I have been able to get powder/dirt out via plunger hole but not sure if entire annular space connect to that area of Fuze assembly. I also dug some whitish/blue tint powder out of the igniter hole in base.
    If you get lucky you can sometimes screw the centre tube out from the bottom, the Striker is already down so the bail (lever) isn't going to be a Problem.
    The Det. Well is not normally one with the Explosives chamber so fishing around in there isn't likely to help you.
    Your whitish blue powder is most likely oxidised ZAMAK (Mazak) alloy
    If you believe it's not completely inerted give it to a Professional before you chance being Swiss cheese

i was able to drill brass plug and have emptied anything that was inside the body. mostly sandy brown and some chunks. it is totally empty. the annular space does break through into the center area.