Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Shipment of ordnance

Article about: Is it possible for inert ordnance to be shipped outside of Germany? I have found a decent ordnance website and i was just wanting to know the law around it . Thanks for any replies in advanc

?

Default Shipment of ordnance

Is it possible for inert ordnance to be shipped outside of Germany? I have found a decent ordnance website and i was just wanting to know the law around it . Thanks for any replies in advance

As to where its being shipped it says under my name

You will likely have to check your import laws.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Unsure if the same applies to Germany, but I can tell you that no dealer or private individual here will move inert ordnance outside of the UK. Every dealer website carries this warning, and it is adhered to absolutely. The same would certainly apply in the other direction.
    I'd imagine inert ordnance can be moved no problem on the Continent, but it is highly likely that it'll be seized by customs upon entry into the UK. Our Border Force in particular is very wary of such things, especially considering the current climate. I did recently receive a shipment of .303 shell casings from America, courtesy of another kind member of this forum. But they were spent brass, primers struck and minus any propellant.
    I wouldn't risk it, and would advise you find a domestic source for your inert ordnance.

Regards, B.B.

?

I have found cracking domestic websites. Just a few items i had only seen on German websites. Shame the hobby can be violently be mixed up with the actions of terrorists. Thank you for your responses

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I have found cracking domestic websites. Just a few items i had only seen on German websites. Shame the hobby can be violently be mixed up with the actions of terrorists. Thank you for your responses
    Glad I could help. It is a shame, but that's the way things are. The recent screwing up of deact specs was sparked by the current climate, despite us collectors having nothing whatsoever to do with the attacks. In the eyes of the powers that be, a gun is a gun, a bullet a bullet. They'll never have the insight we have as collectors, because they don't have the same level of interest. Can't fault them for that, as misguided as their efforts might be.

B.B.

?

I would love to get a deactivated firearm when i am older. Tbh all this makes me think one day all sales of this nature will be banned. Highly unlikely I suppose

Don't think they'll be banned, at least not in my lifetime. Worst case scenario is them being butchered to the point of not being worth having. EU specs are already pretty severe, but not intolerable.
    If the EU spec hadn't been introduced when it was, I wouldn't have my MP40. Have heard the UK government may request equivalence for the UK 'old new-spec', so everyone won't be stuck with collections of deacts that they can't sell.

The way things are going these days, I'm actually more worried about the UK trying to ban the sale of anything Third Reich.

B.B.