Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Shock ! Horror ! 'Bomb' story.....

Article about: Making the 'UK National press this morning.....'entire Yorkshire street evacuated'.....'don't mess with bombs'......could explode at any moment'..... All good advice. Lucky the base seems to

Arrow Shock ! Horror ! 'Bomb' story.....

Making the UK National press this morning.....'entire Yorkshire street evacuated'.....'don't mess with bombs'......'could explode at any moment'.....

Shock ! Horror ! 'Bomb' story.....

All good advice. Lucky the base seems to be missing. Smoke shell ?

same thing in France with bombs, shells in various places, this is life !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Definitely not a bomb. Could be an illumination shell. I have a 155mm illum shell body but no fuze. I have seen them though that still have part or all of the fuze intact. Don’t know about this one in particular but the one I have and others like it that I’ve seen aren’t duds or UXO due to the fact that the projectile functioned as designed The shell in the article has a time fuze and is a base-ejecting shell so all it’s contents were ejected out already so probably not dangerous but better safe than sorry haha

Another candidate for the Darwin Award then...

I think the UK press would even react that way to the old spherical flaming Batman Bomb.......with “BOMB” written on it.....”Man digs up inert piece of metal” needs some spin and doesn’t sell newspapers.

Thank god for Coronavirus.....it’s keeping the Press happy.....

?

I love the
    "he hit it with a shovel a couple times"

Thanks for the story.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I have a 4.5 inch howitzer shell resting on top of a low wall in my garden. It sometimes causes raised eyebrows amongst visitors!
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 03-09-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Actually I guess we should all be surprised that the headline wasn’t:-

“Brexit causes white male man who identifies with male gender to do manual labour in full time job and risks his life digging up deadly evil Nazi (possibly) killer bomb as NHS goes unfunded and Boris continues to personally flood the West Country”

It’s hard to say what it is with out dimensions but it looks like a 3.7” Anti Aircraft shell.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I have a 4.4 inch howitzer shell resting on top of a low wall in my garden. It sometimes causes raised eyebrows amongst visitors!
    I have duly e-mailed the Home Office and I believe that Warrington, Cheshire is about to be completely evacuated.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast