House of history - Top
Display your banner here

Some new 8,8 Flak pieces

Article about: Hi guys, just added two more German 8,8 cm anti-aircraft shell casings to my modest Flak collection. Realized I hadn't yet shown all of these so here they are - I currently have six in total

CSW
    ?

Default Some new 8,8 Flak pieces

Hi guys,

just added two more German 8,8 cm anti-aircraft shell casings to my modest Flak collection. Realized I hadn't yet shown all of these so here they are - I currently have six in total, one is still stored away elsewhere. These can occasionally still be found going for 5-10 euros a piece here in Finland.

One of the two new examples has a set of original ink stamps on the side that has survived surprisingly well, I personally haven't seen this often on Finnish-refurbished 88s.

The complete shell was posted as a separate thread a while ago, however I thought it'd be appropriate to have it here as well. After all, "too many 88s" is not a thing...

Thanks for taking a look!

Some new 8,8 Flak pieces Some new 8,8 Flak pieces

My oldest 8,8 with its clear stamps - acquired this many years ago as one of my first pieces of militaria.

And the only complete example I have (at the moment)...

MAP
    ?

Nice! These are great. Wish they were more plentiful over this side of the pond. Not many vets could take one of these home as a souvenir LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)