Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades

Article about: There some of them with comparision of normal F-1

?

Default Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades

There some of them with comparision of normal F-1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades   Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades

Quote by Dimas View Post
    There some of them with comparision of normal F-1

Excellent grenades Dimas. I really like the light colored one you have shown.

These ceramics are very rare grenades, and an interesting type most do not know about.

Here are the examples I have found recently to add to this posting for reference. The fuze threads are fitted to the grenades with some type of cement like "putty" that fills the top.
    Probably the threads and sealer "cement putty" was done after the charges were added?? Not sure if the fuze threads were added before or after filling the explosive charge, I have never seen any detailed wartime info on them. The cavity for the charge is quite small also compared to regular F1's.

Regards, Steve

Ceramic grenade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades   Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades  

Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades   Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades  

Soviet experimental F-1 ceramic grenades