Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trench Art Artillery Shell Tank Case Bell 90mm M19 WWII

Article about: An artillery shell casing 90mm M19 WWII from a tank I assume that has been made into a hanging bell/gong that is very loud when rung. I am not really sure of the exact age or anything else,

Default Trench Art Artillery Shell Tank Case Bell 90mm M19 WWII

An artillery shell casing 90mm M19 WWII from a tank I assume that has been made into a hanging bell/gong that is very loud when rung.

I am not really sure of the exact age or anything else, found it at an estate sale.

It is 23 3/4" long and 5 1/4" diameter at the bottom and 3 1/2" top diameter. It weighs 11 pounds and looks to be made out of copper, if that is a solid brass jacket. There are some dings on it as you would expect from being rung.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench Art Artillery Shell Tank Case Bell 90mm M19 WWII   Trench Art Artillery Shell Tank Case Bell 90mm M19 WWII  

Trench Art Artillery Shell Tank Case Bell 90mm M19 WWII  

Default Re: Trench Art Artillery Shell Tank Case Bell 90mm M19 WWII

It's brass-hasn't been polished for a long time-this type of thing is/was a common bar decoration in officers/sgts messes or o/r canteens-might even have been made up privately for that sort of decoration at home.