Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

two 20 pounder cases, straight out of the recycling center

Article about: Hello I'm very happy to share with you theses two big and heavy (and empty !) cases: two "20 pounder HE-T" (high explosive with tracer?). It's big, heavy and reaaaaaaly nice! Does

Default two 20 pounder cases, straight out of the recycling center

Hello

I'm very happy to share with you theses two big and heavy (and empty !) cases: two "20 pounder HE-T" (high explosive with tracer?).

It's big, heavy and reaaaaaaly nice!

Does anyone have a technical drawing of an HE shell? I would like to try to turn a similar shape, but not necessarily exact, with wood.

Some pics, now :

two 20 pounder cases, straight out of the recycling center two 20 pounder cases, straight out of the recycling center two 20 pounder cases, straight out of the recycling center

Thanks for reading
    Cheers
    Jean Loup

I have one of those myself... The outside diameter of these and drawings aren't a secret, I don't have line drawings though. The projectiles are 84mm and are different ogive depending on type. If you can turn a projectile of this size, the drive band needs to be a bit bigger and the body is 84mm outside. The Centurion tank started with 17Pdr and went to 20Pdr (84mm) and then 105mm. The projectiles come up for sale in the UK but not in Canada. I have a complete with BE smoke projectile as I found the projee on a live range decades ago, obviously empty to the naked eye. I can take measurements if you like...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two 20 pounder cases, straight out of the recycling center