Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified possible Ordinance

Article about: Found on the north bank of the Thames near Limehouse last week. Interesting features including a round (possibly detonator) button shape on the bottom, also noble on the side, looks like it

dandidfind
    ?

Default Unidentified possible Ordinance

Found on the north bank of the Thames near Limehouse last week. Interesting features including a round (possibly detonator) button shape on the bottom, also noble on the side, looks like it was rounded once, possible that there was a cap around the bottom, heavily corroded, discovered in an area that received extensive WW2 bombing during the Biltz....

?

Well the first step in finding (possible) ordnance is stepping away and not taking it back home.
    I'm not sure if that's your garden on the background but I'll assume it isn't.

Unfortunately I can't help you any further other than that good piece of advice.

Regards,
    Bas

The end of a sewer drain pipe with a clean out cap?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't recognize this piece as being Explosive Ordnance, I can only speculate that it's either a Nautical Item or as William suggests - some type of Piping Fixture...I also recommend caution in the future...When I was a kid in Germany, I unknowingly found a Phosphorous Incendiary in the field and threw it around some...Lucky it didn't set off...it's probably still where I tossed it 40 years ago, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I don't recognize this piece as being Explosive Ordnance, I can only speculate that it's either a Nautical Item or as William suggests - some type of Piping Fixture...I also recommend caution in the future...When I was a kid in Germany, I unknowingly found a Phosphorous Incendiary in the field and threw it around some...Lucky it didn't set off...it's probably still where I tossed it 40 years ago, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Luckily you're still here with us today

Regards,
    Bas

?

Part of UK ww2 mortar shell...explose...

http://visualcollector.com/VisualCol...ortar2HE-L.jpg