Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US ammo can and belt of ammo

Article about: Found this can looks ww2 but may be later ,full of 200 rounds M1 linked together,not live bullets,but tracers,safe to fire these?Anyone shoot them,bet they look cool at night.

Default US ammo can and belt of ammo

Found this can looks ww2 but may be later ,full of 200 rounds M1 linked together,not live bullets,but tracers,safe to fire these?Anyone shoot them,bet they look cool at night.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US ammo can and belt of ammo   US ammo can and belt of ammo  

US ammo can and belt of ammo   US ammo can and belt of ammo  

The can is WWII Era and the linked bullets I believe are blank rounds, still a very cool purchase.

They are blanks and I was not able to make out the head stamp. They could also be .308 rounds. Nice pic up. I have shot many blanks rounds through the M1919 belt fed gun; no not one I own.
    John

Thanks guys!These are red on the end,are you sure they are blanks?Anyway John I think you are correct they look like 308.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US ammo can and belt of ammo  

What is the head stamp TC?
    John

John your right they are 308,here is a pic,and LC 83,newer than I thought.Did blanks have the red end,anyway need to shoot one and see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US ammo can and belt of ammo   US ammo can and belt of ammo  

Yes they had the red end. I cannot tell what the other live round is. 83 is good stuff to shoot.
    John

Thanks for the great info John,the other round is a newer 7.62x51 round, need to fill the box with loaded M1 garand clips,at least the box is ww2.Paid 25.00 for all,dont have much use for the blanks,but the box was worth that!

7.62x51 blanks on disintegrating links for the M60 Head stamp is Lake City. The red paint/wax in the case mouth was to hold the powder in place, give it enough resistance for the powder to burn. I carried a couple of these belts in my day haha

Thanks Pete!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast