Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What type of bullet is this?

Article about: Any ideas on what type of bullet this is? and what was it fired from? I found it last year at Hill 60 in Belgium at the entrance to an underground shelter that was meant to have been used by

Default What type of bullet is this?

Any ideas on what type of bullet this is? and what was it fired from? I found it last year at Hill 60 in Belgium at the entrance to an underground shelter that was meant to have been used by German soldiers. Sadly the bullet was confiscated as it was deemed dangerous by my history teacher.
    Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What type of bullet is this?  

Default Re: What type of bullet is this?

What a rotten bounder your teacher is. I bet he wanted it himself! Difficult to identify without dimensions but at first glance it looks like a nickeled .303 british. I'm sure I'll be corrected, but not by that teacher.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Teachers........Honestly ! What did he think you would do ? Find the cartridge, some cordite, a blast cap and a gun to fire it from ??? 'Dangerous' HA ! Only if you chucked it at his head really REALLY fast !

I agree with Navyman. Looks to me like so many of the 303's I have. Of course, without the dimensions it could just as well be a German 7.92 or an American .30cal but 303 is your best bet I reckon.

Steve T

Hi Danny,
    I would ask that teacher what he did with it, I bet he says he through it away. And the rotten sod kept it for himself.
    Dave.