Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Couple Of Juncker 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's.

Article about: Hi Guys, Just posting these couple of Juncker type 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's I picked up last Autumn time. It's just an excuse for me to try out an Epson scanner I picked up off Ebay rece

Default A Couple Of Juncker 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's.

Hi Guys,

Just posting these couple of Juncker type 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's I picked up last Autumn time. It's just an excuse for me to try out an Epson scanner I picked up off Ebay recently, and this is the first time I've got it rigged up and tested....,seems O.K. and not bad for less than 20 quid

A Couple Of Juncker 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's.A Couple Of Juncker 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's.

These PAB's are the grand daddy of them all, the very first of the Panzer badges to have started being awarded in May/June 1940 after Fall Gelb, the blitzkrieg in the West. and although they appear identical, the one on the right has a slightly different variant catch. They were made from nickel silver and received no finish unlike my slightly later 1.1.2b that had a silver wash finish added for reasons unknown.

Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.

Although by no means uncommon, the history, quality and design of these makes them highly desirable to collectors, and hence the value put on these is rather higher than most other early non zinc badges.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Couple Of Juncker 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's.
    P
    Many

Very nice Ned!
    I have seen a few of these for sale as of late but just couldn't pull the trigger at the asking price. Maybe some day soon. I am in need of 1 more silver to fill up my one case with just silver examples, the other case will be for bronze.
    I have also seen a few early IABs in nickel silver but, same problem.
    Congrats on adding these two to your collection, I am envious.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

can you please post each one in its own thread for opinions.-----LOL.

Hi Ned, old mate. Very nice my friend, congrats. I'm trying to contact you but your PM box is full. Regards, Stewy

They are nice pics Ned - and very nice badges.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi Ned, old mate. Very nice my friend, congrats. I'm trying to contact you but your PM box is full. Regards, Stewy
    Sorted that mate.

Thanks all for the kind words guys, well pleased with the old scanner as well!!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned, two great looking awards, I hadn't thought of scanning my badges to get images. I may well try that next time I get one, it's bound to come out better than my camera skills! Leon.

Hi Ned,
    Very beautiful scans.
    Keep 'em coming!

Regards
    HOW

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Ned, two great looking awards, I hadn't thought of scanning my badges to get images. I may well try that next time I get one, it's bound to come out better than my camera skills! Leon.
    Another, this time with the scanner lid open that gives a dramatic black background, pretty good compared to my previous efforts with a camera......

A Couple Of Juncker 1.1.1 Panzerkampfabzeichen's.

Regards, Ned.

Whoa, the DK rocks!

HOW

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast