Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: hello all,.,i need help to I.D this Panzer Assault badge,.i have been told it could be a tarnished nickel silver juncker,..anyway i need some opinions,. cheers, silas

I've just noticed the pic that Michael supplied of the same badge originally posted here. This clearly shows the grass foreground, and it does appear to be very similar if not the same (with a weak in detail foreground) as the "Missing Grass" fake as described from a single example known by Philippe De Bock on GCA some time ago, and which I show above. The hardware has been inproved upon to make it a good match since then, but the details are otherwise the same or at least very similar. I think you have a valid point, other pic's and more discussion is required here yet!

I.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

i will post some more HD quality photos soon,.of the entire badge,..grass area etc

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi ryuuk,

Interesting! Are you thinking it's the same type as you posted on GCA a couple of years ago that had the strange holes in the badge and a forced patina that was claimed to be a ground dug badge? I seem to remember that the thread was never really conclusive, with a positive answer either way, is that correct?

It does bear considering though, even though the hardware on that badge was not really compatible if I recall. Still, if the fakers have now managed to copy the original Juncker hardware, the angle cut hinge especially, then it does perhaps require looking at again. That being the case, I can only think of the very rare copy dubbed the "Missing Grass" fake that seems rather unique in only one or two being found before now, and again with the incorrect hardware.

I think better focussed photo's are required here for this to go further don't you agree? The ones that started this thread are not showing the details required in my opinion (i.e. the grass foreground) to be able to give a definitive opinion.

Here's a a couple of pic's of the so called "Missing Grass" fake to draw some comparisons with until better shots of the badge here are supplied (if they are at all.)

Regards, Ned.

Courtesy of GCA.
    Hi Ned,
    I think this is a different type of the copy. Need more photo. And weight of the badge.
    Red flags for me:

I.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

?

Here are similar badges.
    I.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

[QUOTE=ryuuk;1736049]Hi Ned,
    I think this is a different type of the copy. Need more photo. And weight of the badge.
    Red flags for me:

I think you're onto something here, these fakes are new to me. We definitely need better photo's of the OP'S badge including close ups of the hinge and catch to be certain, plus very accurate measurements of the height and width as well as the weight as you state. This goes to show the necessity of good, focussed photo's from the get go when dealing with such convincing fakes as these. Only with them do the problems really start to show.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

so your saying this is a repro???

Quote by Overthetop View Post
    so your saying this is a repro???
    We are asking for better, detailed pictures, weight and accurate measurements as described in the replies above for conclusive evidence, is that a problem or not?

MAP
    ?

Very interesting thread. This is way beyond me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

no thats ok i will post more HD pics,.& weight & measurements today.thanks for your comments

silas

Default images of panzerkampfabzeichen

here are a few nore photos,..these are the best i can do with my camera.the weight i can not get ,.though the measurements are
    -height 56.5mm
    -width 37mm
    -width of eagle (wing to Wing) 11mm

I.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in SilberI.D of Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

silas

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast