Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...

Article about: im not familiair with thise badge , its also hard to see for me if its a good or a fake one seller wants 50 euro for it i think its a bargain imo its looks oke ,but i need youre help! thanks

Default not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...

not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...

im not familiair with thise badge , its also hard to see for me if its a good or a fake one
    seller wants 50 euro for it
    i think its a bargain
    imo its looks oke ,but i need youre help!

thanks in advance
    gr andreas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...
    P
    Many

This is another dangerous fake, it appears to be from the same guy who is pushing the fake FLL 43 that you posted yesterday, is this correct? If so, he knows exactly what he's doing, choosing to sell high quality fakes that only careful study will reveal as bogus, i'd avoid him if I were you.

This is a very good attempt at the Aurich PAB, but it's the creation once again of Mr. Staegemaier. Ask for a good straight on shot of the eagles head, that will give it away i'm sure (if he'll supply one, which I doubt) as it will look like this is my betting.

not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...

Note the strange look of the bird, it's beak appears undershot and the definition is generally soft.

There are other small problems with the obverse, small flaws and some 'flooding' of material around the far left roadwheel and the wreath. Other very small flaws around the obverse side also match this known fake that dates from around 2008. The reverse side is also close, but not right. Here as some pictures from Staegemaier's catalogue plus some close ups of the details and rear set up front and back, look closely and all will be revealed!

not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...

It's good to remember that there's very few 'deals' to be had in this hobby anymore, no more so than in Panzerkampfabzeichen's! The chances of finding a diamond in the rough compared to those of getting landed with a piece of crap are not in your favour these days, and it's wise to remember that and post here first as you have done, which is a good thing too, as this badge would and does fool many.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi,
    As always, good old Ned beats me first.
    But anyway, no self-respecting manufacturer will come up with a swaz resting on a big blob of metal.

not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...

Regards
    HOW

hallo big ned,
    you are right about the posting yesterday,it was from the same seller ..
    like i told ,im not familiair with thise badge but it was so close call
    i will studdy more of thise badges ,in the meanwhile i stay collecting to te verwundetenabzeichen ,its much saver area for me

but thanks again for all the feedback

ofcorse thanks for help by HOWitzer !!!!

GRTZ Andreas

Same Staegemaier fake has turned up on WAF today. Slightly different in that the finish is different, but this is one of his traits to throw people off. The badge also comes with complete fantasy set ups utilising the Gablonz crimped in ball hinge set up and also bizarrely, a horizontal mid mounted pin with a top hook similar to many KM badges.

Here's the one from WAF, note the strange eagle's head I mentioned earlier.

Regards,Ned.

not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...not sure about this one .... good or fake...herman aurich badge...
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks for info !

youre great help !

gr andreas

Ned said it all.