Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampf Abzeichen?

Article about: Hi fellows! I was very happy to find this medal to add to my small collection. So, I like the looks of this one, but would someone please confirm it's authenticity for me please? The seller

?

Default Panzerkampf Abzeichen?

Hi fellows! I was very happy to find this medal to add to my small collection. So, I like the looks of this one, but would someone please confirm it's authenticity for me please? The seller is a great fellow and has offered a return if not happy. Thank you in advance VERY much!!!!! Sorry if I used the wrong terminology previously.

Dave

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampf Abzeichen?   Panzerkampf Abzeichen?  

Last edited by rbminis; 06-09-2021 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampf Abzeichen?
    P
    Many

As I posted in your earlier thread, please read this thread, regarding the titles of your threads.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    I see that you did not read it the last time I posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Ralph. I'm sorry, I don't speak German. I've spent lots of time in the past on the helmet section of the forum with no problems. I don't understand. What did I say wrong?
    I have a few pieces of Axis militaria in my collection and I was very happy to have found this one, it's called different things in English. A Panzer Assault badge maybe is what you are looking for? I'm not an expert on militaria, that's why I am here. I help people on other forums, mostly with WWII handguns, but I don't ask or expect visitors to know what I know.
    Dave

?

Thank you, sir. I appreciate your assistance. I should have written the title: Panzerkampf Abzeichen? May I ask what that says? I'm learning all the time!!!
    Dave

CBH
    ?

They’re sticklers for correct German terminology around here.
    Thread titles in particular, but it makes sense with a multiple lingual forum community.
    Abbreviations don’t always translate very well, so the German name helps make searches easier.
    Hope that helps, welcome to the forum.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Thread titles in particular, but it makes sense with a multiple lingual forum community.
    As long as a person understands German.
    John

?

My fault, no hard feelings at all. I just didn't understand the rules but thanks for understanding.

Panzerkampfabzeichen is german, and stands for Panzer - Tank /Kampf - combat / Abzeichen - badge. So basically Tank combat badge.
    These where awarded in two main Variants, Silver and Bronze. Bronze was for Ground Personal (Fighting together with tanks), Silver for Tank crews, you had to engage atleast 3 times in active frontline combat to recieve one of these.

Cant help you with Originality, i mostly collect helmets. But this is my favourite 3rd Reich medal, and i definitly need one sometime!

Hello Dave,
    You obviously had an idea what your badge was, as you posted it in the correct section of the forum.

We merely require to use the German terminology for the titles of your threads in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    The thread I posted a link to, is to assist you with determining the names of your items.
    I felt that the thread explained that, and that is why I requested you to read it.
    You simply need to find the name in English, and copy and paste the German name to your title if you do not know them.

You will get all of the help you require, you just need to follow the same rules as everyone else on the forum.

Your Panzerkampf Abzeichen appears to be an original "AS in Triangle", (named this as the maker is still unproven).
    It would help if you could post a brighter photo of the reverse.
    You can compare to my examples posted here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    As long as a person understands German.
    John
    Yep and the German list provided here on this site is set out for German readers! (like a German to English dictionary! and should be fixed by the enforcement officials) These medals are from a defeated army and do not deserve the German recognition, why don't we try for the Polish designation then No?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast