Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen "25" Help

Article about: Greetings all, Sorry about "hijacking" the other thread, I'm new to the forum. I'd like to get the collective opinion about this badge. It looks like a C.E. Junker (based on an a s

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen "25" Help

Greetings all,

Sorry about "hijacking" the other thread, I'm new to the forum. I'd like to get the collective opinion about this badge. It looks like a C.E. Junker (based on an a similar example I saw elsewhere), but I just cannot tell. I'm not a fan of the pin clasp in the back, and the base plate "25" looks a bit crooked.

Again, looking for the opinion of other collectors before I invest.

Cheers..MG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen "25" Help   Panzerkampfabzeichen "25" Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen "25" Help
    P
    Many

Panzerkampfabzeichen "25" HelpPanzerkampfabzeichen "25" Help

Hello Mikey welcome to the forum. I do think your assessment of the maker is correct. Compare to this badge previously discussed and deemed good on a previous thread. My only concern is given it s condition and rather crude repairs is it worth investing in? Hopefully it has been DEEPLY discounted considering. If not I would rethink the purchase. Also I would note to please wait for other responses prior to making a decision. Big Ned or MAP know these badges extremely well. I would defer to their opinion. But in IMO a period badge badly damaged crudely repaired. Best regards.

Brian

Help required Junker Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

?

Thanks for the response Brian. I agree with your assessment of its authenticity and condition. Not only are the repairs crude and the needle missing, but it is slightly bent on one side. The seller is not a collector (inherited it), and he asked me to set the price. That said, he knows it's somewhat valuable.

MAP
    ?

A very interesting award. Too bad Ned has been away. I would have loved to have heard his opinion. I know JFS versions of these awards but only very cursory knowledge of Junckers.

That said, from my reference books it looks like it could be an original example. A type 7.1.2 with round wire catch. Reverse hardware looks good IMHO. rivets as well being aluminum. Obverse matches up from what I can see but I do have questions on the number box. It looks more like a GB than a Juncker...If I have time I will see if I can do a picture comparison but busy now.

Now this is just a guess. But the solder may be wartime. The crack does not go all the way through and the solder looks old. Or maybe a tunic removed piece what was "fixed by a vet"?

I would love to see close up macro photos of the edges of the award. There was a lot of hand finishing to these and you should see a pattern of file marks and in some cases cracked/chips portions

The above are just my observations. Best wait for others
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    A very interesting award. Too bad Ned has been away. I would have loved to have heard his opinion. I know JFS versions of these awards but only very cursory knowledge of Junckers.

That said, from my reference books it looks like it could be an original example. A type 7.1.2 with round wire catch. Reverse hardware looks good IMHO. rivets as well being aluminum. Obverse matches up from what I can see but I do have questions on the number box. It looks more like a GB than a Juncker...If I have time I will see if I can do a picture comparison but busy now.

Now this is just a guess. But the solder may be wartime. The crack does not go all the way through and the solder looks old. Or maybe a tunic removed piece what was "fixed by a vet"?

I would love to see close up macro photos of the edges of the award. There was a lot of hand finishing to these and you should see a pattern of file marks and in some cases cracked/chips portions

The above are just my observations. Best wait for others
    When is Big Ned coming back ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

He must of took a long and deserved holiday I look forward to his return.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-04-2017 at 04:37 AM.

?

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    QUOTE: When is Big Ned coming back ??

He and Wagriff must of took a long holiday. Not together, but you get the picture. In any event it will be nice to see them return.
    Not funny and very unsettling for YOU to state such a thing, Shame on you.. Your not a gentleman but a Troll..
    How DARE you.. How DARE you... I hope you get a proper hanging up by your buster browns.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Geeze G. I was just kidding buddy. They r both alright. I promise. And I'm not sure I even have buster browns? My sincere apologies for upsetting you. Best regards.

Brian

Relax Gents
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

MAP,

Greetings and thanks for your input. Below is the best image of the edge I could come up with. I don't see obvious file marks, but then again I have no idea of what to look for.

Cheers, Mikey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen "25" Help  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast