MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 (Real or Fake?)

Article about: Hi Everyone, I'm very new to this and do not have much experience. Literally just started collecting...today. In hindsight I've done something rather silly and purchased an advertised origin

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 (Real or Fake?)

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to this and do not have much experience. Literally just started collecting...today. In hindsight I've done something rather silly and purchased an advertised original PAB 50.

It's not until doing a little bit of research have I realised just how many fakes are out there. I have no reason to suspect the seller would be selling a fake but then again they might not even know.

Please see below for the images that the seller is providing. From reading previous posts I know that for you all to be 100% you'll need more photos. Perhaps you maybe able to spot something glaring obvious from the photos below.

Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 (Real or Fake?)Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 (Real or Fake?)Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 (Real or Fake?)Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 (Real or Fake?)

What are your thoughts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

It's worth noting that at the same time I've bought a DLV / LUFTWAFFE TRANSITIONAL MODEL DAGGER BY PUMA. However, that is for a separate post on this forum.

It appears I may have strapped myself in for the most expensive roller coaster ride of my life.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen 50 (Real or Fake?)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

GB's are not one I know very well, but I do think this might very well be a good example. It has the die flaw inside the 3:00 position of the swaz. Number box looks OK and Rivets seem to be correct (it appears to be missing one) as well as the rear hardware. I would of course like to see better and clearer photos. Especially of the catch, Wreath, eagles head, etc. etc. etc...

Best wait for others with more experience with this maker. As I may be proven wrong.

P.S. : ALWAYS post before you purchase
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome to the forum.
    I also believe it is a good one.
    You can compare the details with my example in this thread.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer
    Also, some good comments on what to look for in that thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice and textbook all the way on another note you have been very lucky that this insignia was good without any prior checking so my advice is that from now onwards before buying any item check that all our fellow members have a look at it and I also encourage you to do your own research since you have loads of information in this forum

Thank you for all your input. It's invaluable.

Rbminis - Thank you for linking that excellent thread. very insightful

Jamoros - 100% I will always post in this forum before purchasing an item in the future. I had no idea a forum like this existed.

Does anyone know if the badge is silver, bronze or zinc? What have a purchased?

Another question as well if you don't mind.

Should any cleaning be attempted on these badges? Should I just leave it alone?

I intend to frame it and put it on the wall.

MAP
    ?

Do NOT clean it. Nothing. It will significantly reduce the value of this award.

If it ever develops "zinc pest" a tiny layer of vaseline applied with a Q-Tip might be needed but seeing that this has no Zinc Pest currently, I don't think it will ever need this treatment.

This is a silver award. Bronze numbered PAB's are much more rare. Especially in the 50 series. GB was a late maker of these awards, the quality of metal (Zinc) was often poor. More "50" GB's are encountered than "25" examples.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you MAP.

Excellent advice and information.

Please be so kind if you may to post pictures once you receive it because this badge surely looks much nicer than those poor pictures, forgot to mention welcome to the forum here you will find very nice and friendly people as well as very knowledgeable collectors it is worthy becoming a club member believe is 35 USD

Most definitely Jamoros, I'll take some proper photos with good lighting.

I'll make sure to post them back here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast