Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Rudolf Souval

Article about: My first ever piece. Im pretty confident it's authentic after some research prior to purchasing. But of course I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think. And as always, happy to be e

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Rudolf Souval

My first ever piece.

Im pretty confident it's authentic after some research prior to purchasing. But of course I could be wrong.

Let me know what you guys think.

And as always, happy to be educated on anything to do with this particular badge / maker.

Last edited by rbminis; 07-29-2023 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Rudolf Souval
    P
    Many

?

Edit your thread title to 'Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.' Members are requested to use the German terms for their badges to make it easier to search for specific awards.

RS is for Rudolf Souval, an Austrian manufacturer of awards who continued production for the souvenir market after the war so they can be a bit contentious whether the item in question was made prior to May 1945 or after and therefore a reproduction.

The badge looks acceptable from the reverse but I'm curious about the central area at the bottom of the badge, looks like the finish or a layer of material has flaked off?
    And also to the left, there is a blob obscuring the details of where the two oakleaves join which wouldn't pass the quality control. Can you take closer photos of these areas?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have edited the title of you thread.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.

As you are a paying member, (Thank you for your support), you have access to the data base for these awards.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/datab...ampfabzeichen/
    This thread provides a list of the examples in the data base up to this point, with links to the actual threads.
    If any member wishes to contribute to the PAB data base.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I suspect this is a well made copy.
    I have marked just a few of the areas that concern me.
    First, originals of this badge will not be found with this large of a base for the catch.
    Also, compare closely, the "rock" in the foreground.

Now for the marked areas,
    The "blobs" at the top right and bottom left, this was not manufactured this way.
    The center bottom of the wreath appears to have some "hand work" or damage.
    The outside edges of the leaves on the inside edge of the wreath, originals do not have so many "sharp" curves, they are generally more rounded.
    There are a few other areas as well.
    Here is my bronze example to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for replying.

Ive attached some photos for you

Sorry if some are not great quality.

?

Yeah, I'm with Ralph, I would not be buying this as an original pre May 1945 badge. Those blob areas on the wreath are not what you would see on known and accepted originals. I'd recommend a return and refund if you can.

I must agree with Ralph - This is is why I won't buy anything by "RS" Souval...That blob on the wreath at 7 o'clock is also worrying...I do hope you're able to get a refund, and advise checking here first before buying...

Thanks for all the help boys. Ive been in contact with the seller and in the process of returning for a refund without issue.

I must now search for another, haha.

?

Make sure you post any potential purchases before parting with money.

I shall from here on out. I just hate to think I might be "spamming"

Thanks again to all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast