Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered Pin

Article about: Another piece I was fortunate enough to come across last year. A bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen referred to as "The Stalingrad PAB" on p.763-768 of Philippe De Bock's book. This one s

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered Pin

Another piece I was fortunate enough to come across last year. A bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen referred to as "The Stalingrad PAB" on p.763-768 of Philippe De Bock's book. This one still has the soldered on pin on the back. I contacted Philippe and he gave mine a thumbs up
    Believed to be a field made award. Only a couple known with original set up and a just few dozen that have been dug up near Stalingrad (Maksimka region). The dug ones all missing the pin. Ron

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered PinPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered PinPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered PinPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered PinPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered Pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze Stalingrad Variant with Original Soldered Pin
    P
    Many

?

I've never heard of these before! Very interesting badge Ron.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian. There is some debate about them. But in his book Philippe De Bock is of the opinion that they are authentic field made PAB's.

MAP
    ?

1st for me as well. Gotta pull out Philippe's book and take a look
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They have been discussed on GCA, there are some that are supposedly ground dug, and a few other examples as well, as Ron states, most are missing the pin.
    We all know the possibilities with "ground dug" items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This one that I found came out of a vendor in Germany, so it is possible that it made its way home either during or after the war intact with pin. Ron