Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)

Article about: Hello dear friends and collectors, I want to show you very nice Tank Battle Badge in Bronze which came to my collection last days. It is good conditioned badge made from zinck - it has some

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)

Hello dear friends and collectors,

I want to show you very nice Tank Battle Badge in Bronze which came to my collection last days. It is good conditioned badge made from zinck - it has some flaws, but nothing serious. All details are still visible and sharp. There is also interesting marker mark - "R.R.S."

I hope everything is right with this tank badge and there are no red flags.

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)
    P
    Many

An original Rudolf Richter & sohn PKA. Stewy

I would like a better look at the die flaw on the headlight if possible. Stewy

It appears that it is a ground dug or very poor storage. It is suffering from zinc pest. You can compare with my silver example posted here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, RRS, Rudolf Richter Schlag
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, I was thinking similar. Almost a "shed find". Not quite G/dug, but not awfully well stored. Still, better than I'd look bunged away for 70 years. Stewy

Stewy, thanks a lot for your reply and help. It is nice to hear it is original badge.
    Ralph, also thanks for your comment and for link to your panzer badge - yours is very nice!

This badge do not look that it is ground find, but I think it was damage because of bad storage I will try to take better closeup pictures of the head of eagle, like you want.

Please my friends, can you also tell me if it is common or less common type of badge?

Best regards

Peter

Best regards

Hello Peter,
    These are not often seen for sale but I would not say they are rare.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Peter,
    These are not often seen for sale but I would not say they are rare.
    Ralph.
    I agree there. Although it is an early example as can be seen by the minimalist 'Plain grass' pattern (the design is the type 5), and the good amount of bronze finish remaining due to a copper undercoat. Later badges by Richter had a 'Detailed grass' pattern very similar to that found on that other Gablonz maker 'AS in Triangle' and typically have little if any finish remaining having not received the undercoat and the finish being 'absorbed'. The crimping system for the hardware was very poor, and from the get go the catch had to be soldered in.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi to all, here are promised photos of the head of eagle, I hope photos are much better.
    Ned, thanks a lot for you comment, it is nice to hear that you can identify exactly this badge

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Tank Battle Badge in Bronze (R.R.S.)