Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?

Article about: Hello gentlemen. Acquired this recently in a sorry state and gave it a little light clean and now I think it looks half decent. That being said I have been on the computer for god knows how

Default A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?

Hello gentlemen.
    Acquired this recently in a sorry state and gave it a little light clean and now I think it looks half decent. That being said I have been on the computer for god knows how long looking at different hollow back designs and can’t seem to place mine anywhere. That is never a good sign in my humble experience and so I offer it to you and your vast knowledge in the hope that you can help me identify its maker and of course let me know whether or not it’s any bloody good. I started off with high hopes for it but now I’m not so convinced and my eyesight can’t take staring at the computer screen any more. Any knowledge passed my way will be greatly appreciated. Yours, probably boss eyed for life, J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?   A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?  

A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?   A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?
    P
    Many

Can you post some pictures of the back too please, hardware etc, just as important as the front, weight, dimensions etc...it just adds to the overall picture
    Paul

My apologies...you did !
    Paul

There are only a few makers that included a "Daisy" in the foreground of their Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    An unknown maker, simply referred to as a "Daisy", Shauerte & Höfeld, and Wilhelm Deumer.

You can compare with a "Daisy" here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Daisy.

This one looks like an early buntmetal Deumer to me.
    If it were zinc, it would have a plate for the hinge, and the catch.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Many thanks my friend, that is very helpful. I was starting to have doubts about it but I think it was just a case of my eyes being tired from staring at the screen for to long. I still have the pin for it but I think it might be a later addition. It’s in an appalling condition and slipped out very easily. Do you think the catch is in its original configuration albeit a little out of shape? I’ll post some of the original photos to show you how it used to look and to show the pin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?   A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?  

Here are some photos of the pin in situ and on its own. This can’t be the original pin surely? Again, I’ve given it a little clean.

IMO, the pin is not original to this PAB.
    It is not the correct configuration, and it does not have the tool mark that I would expect to see.
    The correct type of catch, and the fact that is a directly soldered on block hinge, are what make me think this is a tombak example.
    Two of my Deumer examples have a similar catch, but have a circular base plate for soldering, and two of my Deumer examples have a round wire catch with a circular base plate for soldering.
    Only one of my examples has a directly soldered on block hinge, and three have a rectangular base plate for the hinge.
    At this time, I believe all of my examples are made of zinc.
    The fact that most of the badge still retains a lot of the finish is also a good indication.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yeah, the pin is just a bit of old wire someone has added at a later date IMO. When I was looking to find a similar example of this badge I did notice that a lot had a plate attachment underneath the hinge and catch. Handy to know that these are likely zinc badges. Also, it’s nice to know that in all probability, this is more than likely a tombak Deumer badge. That can’t be a bad thing

Going to get an original pin for it and wanted to run it pass you before I commit. I think what I’ve found is the correct pin but what do you think? Regards J
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Panzerkampfabzeichen Daisy variant?  

Just curious: is there an online spot where original pins and parts can be found? I have a few items which can use a little restoration.
    For instance a W&L EK1 in good condition but lacking the needle.

Regards,
    Martin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast