Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?

Article about: Sorry for the crappy pics, but from what you can see does this stand a chance? The hardware on the reverse looks too new, but the detail on the obverse looks to me like another I have seen f

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?

Sorry for the crappy pics, but from what you can see does this stand a chance? The hardware on the reverse looks too new, but the detail on the obverse looks to me like another I have seen for sale, although the rear of the adler looks to have less beak shape. Attributed to Hermann Aurich, Dresden.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?
    P
    Many

Hello Al,
    It looks okay to me with these poor photos. Be aware, they make a very good copy of this badge and it has fooled a lot of collectors.
    If you can get some better photos, you can compare it to my example here. The details of the hinge and mount are important.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?.....Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Al,
    It looks okay to me with these poor photos. Be aware, they make a very good copy of this badge and it has fooled a lot of collectors.
    If you can get some better photos, you can compare it to my example here. The details of the hinge and mount are important.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich
    Ralph.
    ALIKAT....I agree with RBMINIS to concentrate on the details of the hinge and mount. The area around the hinge of RBMINIS is breathtaking in its exhibition of skill and experience. It also makes me wonder whether the dimple on the catch is a "tell".......Doug

Quote by stakeside View Post

It also makes me wonder whether the dimple on the catch is a "tell".......Doug
    It is, but normally not visible in seller's photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by alikat View Post
    Sorry for the crappy pics, but from what you can see does this stand a chance? The hardware on the reverse looks too new, but the detail on the obverse looks to me like another I have seen for sale, although the rear of the adler looks to have less beak shape. Attributed to Hermann Aurich, Dresden.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen im Silber by HA?
    ALIKAT.....Of course, we are handicapped by what little we might discern from your photos. I specifically mentioned the "dimple" on the catch. However this "IF" is inspired by a half litre of FRANZISKANER from your HENGGE bier stein.

The half litre suggests a very unmolested pin sprung to rest against just such a "dimple", a touch of a skilled artisan......just a beer infused fantasy....Doug.

AFTERTHOUGHT....would be interesting to compare the two "D" fonts in juxtaposition from quality photos like those of RBMINIS. My compliments to RBMINIS.
    Last edited by stakeside; 11-12-2017 at 12:49 AM.

?

Quote by alikat View Post
    It's a fake.

Ryuuk is correct.
    That is a repro badge.
    An easy tell would be the base tip of the swaz.
    Ralph's example is a real one showing how it is only slightly touching the turret roof.
    The repro shows its swaz had sunk deep into the turret roof.

Regards
    HOW

MAP
    ?

Nice spot Ryuuk and How.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

AND no mark on the catch

?

Thanks everyone, another lesson learned!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast