Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: hello everyone i have an opportunity to but this tank badge but i dont know if it is legit can anyone confirm or debunk my suspicion that it is real he wants less than 70 euros for it regard

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

hello everyone i have an opportunity to but this tank badge but i dont know if it is legit
    can anyone confirm or debunk my suspicion that it is real he wants less than 70 euros for it regards DS

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-18-2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

Hi there, not the best pics but I wouldn't want it in my collection. Sorry, Stewy

It's a fake known as the "Non Touching Swaz" ( whoever thinks of these names is a true artiste) based on the S&L design but with a gap twixt swastika and turret that is not seen on any of their panzer badge designs and appeared around 10 years ago in various guises such as solid, semi hollow and as seen here hollow. The hardware set ups also vary wildly. Obviously the price of 70 Euro's is a red flag, and you did well to hold back and put it up here for discussion.

The forum has doubtless saved you a fair amount of money on steering you clear of numerous items that you have posted in the past for verification and have been proven bogus. Perhaps you might consider paying to be a gold member as a way of thanks for the help you have received since you joined last year? It would certainly be a nice gesture and is appreciated by all here who do subscribe.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Please use this thread when posting in the Awards and Decorations forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

@rbminis: Would be nice if someone can complete the list with pictures.

Quote by GoodOldGermany View Post
    @rbminis: Would be nice if someone can complete the list with pictures.
    I think this post from that pinned thread is kind of self explanatory.
    Ralph.
    Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ok.

This isn't hard.

You have a German award or decoration you want to post on the forum.

You don't know the correct name in German for it.

You don't know how to spell it.

So..........

You come to this thread, you find the name of the award you want to post.

You left click your mouse on the German name for your piece and keeping your finger down, you drag the mouse along the length of the word or phrase until it is highlighted.

You then right click the mouse and get a variety of options pop up.

Select 'Copy'.

Start your thread and in the box for the thread title you right click your mouse again.

Another box will appear with options and you select 'Paste'.

Hey Presto!

The German name of the award you wish to post has appeared!

It's not difficult so please do it!

Sarcastic?

Yes.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I think this post from that pinned thread is kind of self explanatory.
    Ralph.
    I meant, that some new collectors just know the look and not the right name of the decoration in the list. So you have to google all decorations to find the right look, which fits to the right terminological name. Pics would help to find the right name faster...

Quote by GoodOldGermany View Post
    I meant, that some new collectors just know the look and not the right name of the decoration in the list. So you have to google all decorations to find the right look, which fits to the right terminological name. Pics would help to find the right name faster...
    At least if they try and are wrong, I don't mind correcting them.
    It is the ones who do not even try that bother me.
    Ralph.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi there, not the best pics but I wouldn't want it in my collection. Sorry, Stewy
    Nope, me neither.

It reminds me of the inventory of a company with a name that sounds like "UKMilitaria" but I could be mistaken

Regards

Mark

PS I 2nd the gold membership suggestion
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."